NOTE: This story incorporates particulars that some readers could discover disturbing.
A kitten who was badly injured and brought to the Dan Cosgrove Animal Shelter has been operated on and is on the mend.
The 2-month-old kitten, named Bandit, was taken to the kennel in determined want of assist. They stated he had a number of accidents throughout his physique, together with a extreme wound to his stomach that was in all probability a big canine chew.
The shelter stated the chew had perforated the kitten’s intestines and brought about a septic stomach, which is a severe an infection that could possibly be lethal.
The kitten was taken to the Pieper Veterinary the place she underwent emergency surgical procedure. Through the process, Bandit’s small gut was so broken that greater than two-thirds needed to be eliminated.
Dan Cosgrove Animal Shelter stated that many individuals have raised cash for the kitten surgical procedure and that he’s now recovering.
“Regardless of every thing she’s been by way of, Bandit shocked us all with how shortly she recovered,” stated Pieper Veterinary.
Bandit was vivid, alert, and ate the following day. She has solely gotten stronger in the previous couple of days, they stated.
“Veterinary medication is tough work, nevertheless it’s sufferers like Bandit who’re price it!” the veterinary clinic stated.