The World Anti-Doping Company (WADA) is happy to indicate how it’s collaborating to advertise clear sport throughout 22nd Commonwealth Video games (Birmingham 2022) in Birmingham, England, beginning right now and ending August 8.
WADA President Witold Bańka, who’s on the bottom in Birmingham, mentioned: “WADA is thrilled to companion with the Commonwealth Video games Federation and different stakeholders to boost consciousness of unpolluted sport and shield the integrity of the 22.nd The Commonwealth Video games. Nicely earlier than the Video games, WADA partnered with the CGF to supply pre-Video games training for athletes and their entourage. Now that we’re in place, we now have an athlete-led workforce that’s connecting with athletes and the entourage on our mission for doping-free sport, and we now have an expert-led workforce that screens and experiences on all phases of doping management. course of in collaboration with CGF and UK Anti-Doping. As is critical with anti-doping, we’re utilizing a multi-faceted strategy collectively to boost the bar for athletes world wide. “
Dedication of the athlete
The WADA Athlete Engagement Program workforce, which has been on-site since yesterday at Birmingham College Village and can be on-site till July 30, is elevating consciousness of unpolluted sport because it establishes connections with athletes competing within the Video games. The workforce is working intently with one other UK Anti-Doping (UKAD) workforce, who will maintain the athlete engagement actions for the rest of the occasion.
The workforce led by the athletes consists of:
- Ben Sandford (New Zealand), President of the WADA Athletes Committee (AC) and skeleton Olympic athlete (workforce chief);
- Gaby Ahrens (Namibia), member of WADA’s Olympic and AC sports activities marksman; And
- Andréanne Morin (Canada), former WADA AC member and Olympic rower.
Specifically, the workforce:
- Encourage athletes and their entourage to interact digitally WADA’s Athlete Marketing campaign Sharing “Who Conjures up Them To Play With Fact?‘;
- Invite athletes to finish a WADA Notion Survey; And
- Elevate consciousness amongst athletes concerning the election marketing campaign, which WADA will maintain in October, which is able to see eight athletes being elected within the new 20 members of WADA Athletes Council by the Athletes Commissions of the Worldwide Federations. The The Council will symbolize, help and promote the voices of athletes on anti-doping points and would be the path for athletes, chosen by athletes, to take vital seats on the governing our bodies of WADA, together with seats on the Government Committee and the Board of Basis.
The workforce will even goal to construct stronger relationships with the CGF Athletes Advisory Committee, the UKAD Athletes Fee and the Birmingham 2022 Athletes Advisory Committee.
WADA Athletes Committee Chair Ben Sandford mentioned, This Athlete Engagement Program is a superb alternative to talk instantly with athletes from all Commonwealth nations, to reply their questions and listen to their views. On behalf of the WADA Athletes Committee, I wish to thank these athletes and their help employees who took the time to hitch us at our sales space within the athlete village. Now greater than ever, it is vital to interact athletes within the anti-doping space and ensure they know how one can become involved in shaping the way forward for clear sport. ”
Unbiased commentary program
WADA will even carry out a Unbiased Observer (IO) throughout Birmingham 2022: a program designed to extend the boldness of athletes and the general public within the high quality, effectiveness and reliability of anti-doping packages throughout main worldwide multisport occasions.
The Birmingham 2022 anti-doping program can be managed by the CGF with the help of UKAD; and the WADA IO workforce will work with them to strengthen this system.
By offering each day suggestions to organizers, the IO workforce will have a look at all facets of the Birmingham 2022 Anti-Doping Program, together with:
- Take a look at distribution planning and implementation;
- Recruitment and coaching of employees in command of sampling;
- Procedures for the choice, notification and sampling of athletes;
- Transport and chain of custody of samples;
- Therapeutic Use Exemption Procedures (TUE); And
- Outcomes administration.
After the Video games, the IO workforce will publish a post-Video games report that can formalize observations and proposals designed to enhance anti-doping actions for future occasions.
The IO Staff is made up of:
- Michal Rynkowski (Poland), Director, Polish Anti-Doping Company (chairman);
- Léa Réguer-Petit (France), Supervisor, Sport Motion Relations, WADA (Vice President)
- Chaya Ndiaye (Canada), Head of Product, IT, Information and Digital Improvement, WADA
- Samuel Quinche (Switzerland), Deputy Director Common and Director of Testing and Investigation, Swiss Sport Integrity Basis; And
- Aliann Pompey (Guyana), President of the Pan American Athletes Committee and Olympic 400 meters runner.
Pre-game instructional help
Nicely earlier than the signing of a proper this week MOU between WADA and CGFthe 2 organizations have joined forces to create and launch an interactive e-learning coaching course designed for athletes and coaches collaborating in Birmingham 2022. The course is hosted on WADA’s anti-doping training and studying platform, often called ADEL, and presents types explaining which substances and strategies are prohibited, the place data and necessities are discovered on the Video games, how the exams can be carried out and what to do if an athlete wants to use for a therapeutic use exemption. The course additionally outlines the vital dates athletes want to pay attention to and which group has jurisdiction over them throughout the Video games, in addition to providing studying actions that permit contributors to use their information.